Re: Don't see anything in the logs. (Solaris)

From: Willy Tarreau <w#1wt.eu>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 23:38:35 +0200

On Sat, May 03, 2008 at 09:10:42PM +0200, Aleksandar Lazic wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> On Sam 03.05.2008 17:40, Aleksandar Lazic wrote:
> >On Sam 03.05.2008 11:14, Brian Gupta wrote:
>
> [snipp]
>
> thanks to Brian, for the access to the Sol11 machine we have found the
> problem.
>
> On Sol 11 the remote logging is not allowed by default, to activate it
> you must execute the follwoing commands:
>
> svccfg -s svc:/system/system-log setprop config/log_from_remote = true
> svcadm restart svc:/system/system-log
>
> @Willy: where is the best place for this tip?

I have absolutely no idea, I was stuck to old methods for the services. From what I seem to understand above, those commands enable remote logging inside syslog, right ? This was the default for Solaris in the past, I believe. Or maybe we had to pass "-m". Anyway, if what you did above matches what I understood, then yes it's wise.

We also now have unix-dgram support for syslog in haproxy, but I noticed a lot of write errors under not-so-high loads (too small buffers), and we don't support stream sockets. The logging subsystem really needs serious lifting (with a dedicated task and buffer).

> Cheers and thanks to Brian for the account.
> Aleks

Thanks to both for the information.

Someone would care to send a small patch to add this into the architecture or configuration manual ?

Willy Received on 2008/05/05 23:38