Monitoring features

From: Nahuel ANGELINETTI <nahuel.angelinetti#revues.org>
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2007 10:39:21 +0200

Hello,

I had just a little idea for a new haproxy feature. HAProxy is watching if backend servers are online or not, so why it shouldn't send an e-mail to alert that some of servers shutted down ?

It can be a really good feature, to see how good is the service quality. I know HAProxy isn't a monitoring service, but it provide /haproxy?stats so why not just an little e-mail advert, or a page parsable easyli like server-status inside apache.

What do you think about this ?

   ANGELINETTI Nahuel
Administrateur systèmes
     CNRS - CLEO